Skip to main content

How to file a Code Compliance complaint

Learn how to file a code compliance complaint related to zoning, construction, environmental health and short-term rentals.

Submit your complaint in writing. The contact information of complainants will be kept confidential.

We investigate complaints submitted in writing. When submitting a complaint, include the address of the violation and any other pertinent information such as the assessor's parcel number and property owner's name. The complaint should provide a clear description of the violation and where it is located on the property.

Please submit your written complaint to:

Marin County Community Development Agency, Planning Division 
Code Compliance
3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 308 
San Rafael, CA 94903

Alternatively, you can submit your compliant by email to Code Compliance.


Page updated May 16, 2024