What we do
The Information Services and Technology supports County departments with accessible, high value applications and technology products and services.
- Support digital services that help our residents perform tasks online, like paying property taxes and getting building permits
- Support secure law enforcement and criminal justice systems
- Manage the County’s geographic information and mapping systems
- Provide digital accessibility training and support to County employees
- Coordinate the cross-sector Digital Marin program
- Provide secure network and internet connectivity for County employees
- Manage and deliver technical projects that support Board and County priorities
- Support internal administrative systems for finance and human resources
Divisions and programs
Business Solutions Delivery
The Business Solutions Delivery division supports the County’s portfolio of technical applications and systems. We maintain the County website as well as digital services for both the public and County employees.
Enterprise Platforms and Services
The Enterprise Platforms and Services division delivers enterprise-level countywide IT infrastructure services, including a data center and cloud platforms. We provide help desk services as well as support communications, network and internet connectivity.
IT Governance and Operations
The IT Governance and Operations division provides technology guidance and standards for the entire organization. We provide project management support and help with strategic planning.
Information Security and Compliance
The Information Security and Compliance division provides proactive risk and compliance services in the areas of security, digital accessibility, and enterprise architecture. We protect the County from potential threats and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
Marin County Information Services and Technology connects the people with their government by delivering innovative products and services tailored to the needs of our departments and communities, accessible anytime, anywhere.
Information Services and Technology strategic plan
Read about our goals, programs, and plans for the next five years.
Enterprise systems used by County departments
View a list of our software systems, including vendors, data types, and purpose. This list is updated annually to comply with Senate Bill 272.
Learn about how we’re keeping the County network secure and how you can protect yourself and your business safe too.