Skip to main content

Seal your juvenile records

Request to have your juvenile police record - from when you were under age 18 - kept private.

What to do

  1. Make a list of every agency or department involved in your case.


    • Police departments
    • Probation departments
    • Courts                                        

    You need to request to seal your records with each individual department. There's no way to request to seal all of your records at once. To make sure all your records are sealed, you need to write down the name of each department or agency. If you don’t include one, not all of your records may be sealed. Looking back at your old paperwork may help you create a complete list. 

  2. Fill out the application

    Download the Record Sealing Application.
    You’ll use the list you created in step 1.

  3. Send in the application

    Mail the completed application to:
    Marin County Probation Department
    Attn: Juvenile Sealing Clerk
    4 Jeannette Prandi Way
    San Rafael, CA 94903

  4. What's next

    We will review your application and let you know if we have questions. If your request is accepted, your records will be formally sealed in about 4 to 6 months.


Page updated March 25, 2024